Adopted by the board on: June 1, 2022
We strive to create spaces (online and in person) that are respectful and relevant to our values of collaboration, inspiration, and service. By taking part in NxtGov’s Community, including activity on NxtGov’s Raklet Membership Portal, you are agreeing to abide by this Code of Conduct and Community Guidelines. All members of the Community are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct & Community Guidelines at all times in all online, in person, and one-on-one communications, engagements, and events pertaining to NxtGov.
The definitions of various subjective terms such as “discriminatory” or “inappropriate” will be decided at the sole discretion of the NxtGov Raklet Membership Portal administrators.
The current NxtGov Raklet Membership Portal administrators are:
- Angie Quirarte (President of NxtGov)
- Seth Yund (Vice President of NxtGov)
- Kelijo Boney (Membership Officer of NxtGov)
The NxtGov board in consultation with NxtGov Executive Council leadership reserves the right to determine what is and isn’t appropriate behavior and/or published content and can choose to remove any inappropriate content or remove any Slack user exhibiting inappropriate behavior at their discretion
NxtGov reserves the right to make changes and revisions to the Code of Conduct & Community Guidelines at any time, with or without notice to the NxtGov Slack Community. Any implementation or revisions of the Code of Conduct & Community Guidelines may act retroactively as deemed necessary by NxtGov admins to ensure a safe, positive, and harassment free Slack Community.
All Members are expected to respect differences of opinion and members should be professional and civil at all times. Do not post personal attacks, threats, profanity, or sexually explicit language in your activities within the Community.
Content name, description, and other visible metadata must not include abusive, inappropriate, or harassing content.
Each post only reflects the views and opinions of its author, and you as a member of the public are solely responsible for anything you post.
We are here to build community and make positive changes towards improved public service offerings. Please ensure language is collaborative in nature and not divisive.
Avoid Illegal Activity
Do not post anything that can be construed as advising others to break the law.
Our Slack Community is intended as a place for career development and collaboration opportunities. If you know of a career opportunity, you’re welcome to post it in the jobs channel via a link to the job posting (i.e. LinkedIn, Indeed, company website) with a short description of the job advertisement.
You are welcome to post endorsements of tools, products, or services that you personally found useful, but please refrain from blatant advertising, marketing, or any kind of spam.
We want this to be a fun, pleasant, and harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
Harassment includes but is not limited to:
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, or religion.
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names.
- Sexual images or behavior. This is a professional networking community.
- Threats of violence.
- Incitement of violence towards any individual.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Sustained disruption of discussion.
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
- If someone shared a private communication- get confirmation and permission to share before sharing outside the initial intended recipient.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the admins via direct message or email email@example.com. They’ll respond as promptly as they can.
Participants asked by any member of our the NxtGov community to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the admins may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the NxtGov Raklet Membership Portal and the void of any current NxtGov membership status without a refund.
If you violate any portion of the NxtGov Code of Conduct & Community Guidelines, regardless of whether or not you violated the same section repeatedly or a combination of sections on different occasions, your access to Raklet Membership Portal may be removed. This may be in the form of a ban and your access may be removed indefinitely. It is at the sole discretion of NxtGov to decide on the removal period, and this may include immediate and indefinite deactivation of your account and the void of any current NxtGov membership status without a refund.
If your behavior on Slack is inappropriate, but it does not fall under a section stated in the Code of Conduct Community Guidelines, posting will be reviewed by NxtGov Community Admins, and action may be taken if appropriate.
Please note that NxtGov may increase the period of removal as it sees fit and that violations may at any time result in your indefinite removal from Slack.
Slack Account Deactivation
NxtGov reserves the right to deactivate a Slack account at any time, and for any reason that it deems necessary and to be in the best interests of the NxtGov Community.
Reasons for deactivation of a Slack account may include, but are not limited to:
- Violation of any of the terms in our Community Guidelines
- Repeated messaging and/or activity that is not related to serving, inspiring, and collaborating for change within the public sector; careers, or engagement activities. This includes messaging that NxtGov deems to be in violation of any of the terms of the Community Guidelines, or which NxtGov has deemed to be unsuitable or inappropriate in nature, or which does not contribute in a positive manner to the engagement and professional development of the NxtGov Community.
- Repeated direct messaging of other members without request
- Upon the issuing of repeated ‘strikes’, and at the discretion of NxtGov
- For any other reason, that NxtGov deems to be sufficient grounds for account deactivation, and at the complete discretion of NxtGov
Appeals from revocation
If you want to appeal your access or contest a revocation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NxtGov is a federally registered nonpartisan 501(c)6 nonprofit organization (IRS Determination Letter). It is not a subsidiary of any governmental entity.