Description and Purpose
In 2021, NxtGov’s board ratified its COVID-19 Event Attendance Policy to do our part to create and maintain a safe environment for all of our members at our events and engagements. As the pandemic continues, our organization will strive to follow the guidance of public health experts including the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). This policy outlines some of the current best practices and is subject to change based on current guidance.
Before attending NxtGov’s events, please review and commit to following this policy so you can collaborate, serve, and inspire – safely. If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please reach out to Collaborate@NxtGov.Org.
- All attendees of NxtGov events will provide proof of vaccination at the event, or proof of negative test within 3 days prior to an in person event.
- All attendees of NxtGov events will follow current CDPH rules on meeting in person and wear masks except where exceptions apply.
- All persons feeling sick or exhibiting symptoms associated with COVID19 cannot attend in-person NxtGov events. Virtual options of participation will be provided where possible.
Acceptable forms of proof
A photo ID and any of the following can be used as proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID19 test:
- A digital copy of your record from myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov ; Google or Apple health apps.
- A physical copy of your CDC vaccine card.
- A picture of your CDC vaccine card.
- Any other digital/physical proof of vaccination or negative test such as; antigen test (this includes at home tests) and PCR test. Learn more about testing.
Attendees of NxtGov in person events may request an exception from this vaccination policy if medically necessary. Members of the NxtGov board may allow “reasonable accommodation” without being vaccinated if they cannot be vaccinated because of a disability, or if the provisions in this policy for vaccination conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance (as legally defined). Requests for exceptions and reasonable accommodations may be initiated by submitting a request to the board via firstname.lastname@example.org.
On occasion, NxtGov may partner with another organization to host an event. The partnering organization could also have a COVID-19 policy. If this is the case, NxtGov may opt to default to the partnering organization’s policy unless the organization doesn’t have one or it is less restrictive than the NxtGov policy.
Anyone that attends an in person NxtGov event must provide truthful and accurate information about their COVID-19 vaccination status, and other information requested under this policy. Anyone not in compliance with this policy may be subject to be turned away from participating in the in person event.
Masks and face coverings
This policy will follow current public health guidance on masks.