Our efforts focus on five areas:
- Expanding our network across silos by building our membership
- Recruiting of the next generation of public servants
- Providing professional development opportunities for current members
- Giving back by coordinating monthly community engagement events
- Consulting with California government entities looking to incorporate the perspective of the incoming workforce into their projects and strategic agendas.
We have consulted with state agencies on themes that should be considered when developing programs and policies that affect the newest and incoming workforce. We have successfully:
- Partnered with CalHR to redesign calcareers.ca.gov to ensure it’s more user friendly for potential applicants.
- Led the “Redesigning New Employee Orientation (NEO) with NxtGov” interactive workshop at the CalHR 2017 Conference where we introduced concepts of user-centered design and best practices when onboarding new employees.
- Consulted the CA Department of Technology in the creation of their Strategic Plan Vision 2020.
- Facilitated Policy discussions with department leaders for the Civil Service Improvement Initiative and ensured that each team working on this initiative had at least one “millennial” represented in their workgroup.