NxtGov is a social and professional network of current and future public servants within California civil service looking to connect with peers, grow professionally, and partner with other sectors to improve how we serve our state and how we can best support one another.
Our events focus on four areas:
- Expanding our network across silos by building our membership
- Recruiting of the next generation of public servants
- Providing professional development opportunities for current members
- Giving back by coordinating monthly community engagement events
We also provide consulting to California government entities looking to incorporate the perspective of the incoming workforce into their projects and strategic agendas.
RECRUITING THE NEXT GENERATION
NxtGov has partnered with various organizations to administer Working for the State or How to Get a State Job 101 workshops to encourage civic-minded youth and young adults to consider a career in the State. As these partnerships continue to grow, we hope to promote internship and mentorship opportunities for these youth.
- UC Sacramento Quarterly Workshops
- College recruitment fairs
- Presentations to youth development, internship and fellowship programs
- One-on-One coaching
State workers commit their careers to serving the public. But they also give back outside the workweek. Connecting with our communities reminds us of why and who we serve. Putting our faces to the name of state government humanizes our work, and fosters mutual trust. NxtGov hosts monthly volunteer and educational events to help connect with our communities and remind us of why and who we serve. Past events included partnering with: